Due to the rapid growth of the practice we now require a full time Practice Manager.
• Modern and well equipped Small Animal GP RCVS Accredited practice, silver awards in both ISFM and RWAF. Opened in Sept 2018.
• 40 Hours per week over a flexible 6 day rota. We offer and support a wide variety of shift patterns from compressed hours, late starts, split shifts etc.
• Salary £25,000-£35,000 Depending on experience and Qualification.
• No OOHs or on call.
• Become part of 5 Vet, 4 RVN, 2 SVN and 3 VCA supportive Team
• Excellent CPD allowance and Benefits. Qualifications, Certificates and CPD funded and actively encouraged.
• Customer service experience and IT skills essential
• Managerial/leadership experience desirable
• Locally owned and run with wider support from Vets4Pets.
Do you provide a high standard of customer service? Are you passionate about animals? Why not combine the 2 and become our new Practice Manager? Do you have the following personal attributes:
• Passion for people and pets
• Commercially aware
• Ability to prioritise and effectively plan
• Takes ownership and manages accountability
• Build great relationships through collaborative working
• A team player with effective stakeholder management
• Enthusiastic, positive and determined
• High degree of professional confidence
• Articulate, confident and able to work in challenging situations
• Investing time in developing and maintaining external networks
• Ability to understand situations and take appropriate action
• Seeks continuous Personal Development opportunities
About The Role
To effectively manage the day to day in practice to enable the delivery of professional animal healthcare services and support the JVP in delivering the identified business objectives to maximise business potential.
The Practice Manager effectively supports the JVP in identifying and implementing business objectives to maximise business potential. Ensuring compliance of all policies, procedures and protocols within the practice to a consistent standard.
The Practice Manager should focus on the client experience and promote what good looks like for an excellent client experience, drive and oversee sales of Healthcare Plans, utilising the tools provided by Support office, ensuring clients receive all relevant information and the best healthcare plan solution. Enable the effective response to Customer complaints in a timely manner, manage sensitive cases with empathy, ensuring the client receives the care and attention they need.
Manage the Client Care Advisor/Reception team to ensure consistency and efficiency.
Be able to help in implementing client facing business objectives to maximise business potential. Ensuring compliance of all policies, procedures and protocols within the client facing area of the practice to a consistent standard.
Be able to assist the JVPs in carrying out people related activity such as recruitment, practice meetings and colleague relations.
Effectively manage Practice Debt levels and ensure adherence to agreed procedures and protocols.
Support the JVP in marketing decisions in line with the group recommendations.
Reduce the risk to the practice by resolving client complaints, and promoting excellent client service.
Be a role model to the Colleagues and actively promote the Practices Core Values
We opened East Kilbride Vets4Pets in 2018, Joint Venture Partners are Lorna Green RVN CertVNECC NCert(Anaesth) and Jennifer Laming RVN CertVNES. We have a team of 4 full time and 1 part time Vets, who are at varied levels of experience and have a diverse skill set, with one undertaking a certificate in Medicine and one in exotics! We have 4 full time experienced Nurses (2 who have 10 + years’ experience and multiple certificates between them), who all engage in many schedule 3 duties. We have a dedicated Veterinary care team of 2 full time Student nurse, 1 Full time VCA and 2 part time VCAs assisting the Vets and Nurses as well as providing excellent in-patient care. In addition to our colleagues, we have a mixture of volunteers, Vet students on EMS and Nursing students on placement as we are a nurse training practice.
We are Small Animal GP RCVS Accredited practice, we currently hold silver awards in both ISFM and RWAF, which we hope to gain Gold awards in the future. We have full in-house lab facilities, Digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, multiparameter monitors and individual cat, dog and isolation/exotics wards.
We have now been open for almost 5 years and have already established a loyal client base. As a team we like to keep as up to date as possible with surgical techniques/medical treatments and provide gold standard pet care. We are looking for a Practice Manager that can be part of our team and grow with us, who wants to offer the best patient and client care, and works well in a busy team environment.
What we offer
A supportive workplace environment, who actively promote a healthy work-life balance. We offer an excellent CPD allowance, conference attendance and in-house support, as well as contributory pension scheme and exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20-30%off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room.
We actively encourage our colleagues to pursue their areas of interest but also to broaden their horizons and knowledge with a variety of CPD, Qualifications and certificates which are fully funded.
The surgery itself is within the Pets At Home store at the East Kilbride Retail Park (G74 4ZA), at the end of East Kilbride Express way, which joins directly with the Raith interchange on the M74 making it an easy commute from Glasgow and the surrounding areas.
We would love to hear from you! To apply visit www.vets4petscareers.com or email us directly at email@example.com
Location: G74 4ZA