We are looking for a practice manager/senior administrator for our thriving, expanding mixed veterinary practice.
We are a 17-vet independent practice based in the market town of Penrith in Cumbria. We are currently planning the next phase of our expansion, and feel that it is time we employed a someone to help with the administrative load.
We are RCVS accredited for Equine, Farm and Small animals. We have 6 registered veterinary nurses and a team of 5 receptionists working from a single, purpose-built premises. We are immensely proud of our team, and are looking for someone to fit in with our hard-working staff.
The ideal candidate is an experienced veterinary administrator or practice manager; however, we are willing to meet people who have strong management experience in a non-veterinary setting.
This is a new post within our practice, so there is scope for the successful candidate to work with us to expand the role.
- Efficient, organised and conscientious
- Excellent IT skills
- Good communication skills with staff and clients alike
- HR experience
- Able to work on own initiative
Job description (including but not limited to):
- IT, computer hardware, practice management software, social media and website
- Wholesale ordering, meeting with reps, stock control
- Organising equipment maintenance, servicing contracts, utilities, building management and insurance
- HR, staff contracts, staff allocations or rotas, holiday rota, pensions
- Banking, wages, debts, credit system,
- Client feedback, pet health plans, small animal insurance forms, practice standards scheme, newsletters
This is a full-time role which can be flexible, the salary will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate. 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays off.
Please send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Feel free to call for an informal chat on 01768 862454, to speak to one of the partners.
Please note the closing date for applications is 1st of October.