Practice Manager – Leeds Birstall Vets4Pets 24/7 Hospital
Busy, dynamic, gold-standard 24/7 Veterinary Hospital requires experienced Practice Manager to (1) lead, support and inspire our team of 45 colleagues: 11 vets, 16 nurses, 5 VCA’s and 13 admin team as well as (2) help enthusiastic practice partners; Julie and Keith Leonard; to grow and develop their business in it’s 8th year of opening.
The Leeds Birstall V4P team pride themselves in offering exceptional standards of clinical care in their modern, well equipped, RCVS Accredited Small Animal Hospital and RCVS Emergency Service Clinic. For the past three years our (in-store) practice has also been running a 24/7 out of hours emergency service, which also includes referral and in-patient hospitalisation service for 15 Vets4Pets in the region. Uniquely, we offer day and night appointments, emergency treatment, referral work, in-patient and ECC care, 365 days of the year at the same cost to clients day and night (with no OOH fees). This has lead us to develop a bespoke, gold-standard (and affordable) 24hr customer service which includes soft tissue/orthopaedic surgery, imaging, endoscopy and dental referral work.
Current projects we are expanding on (Practice Manager will need to co-ordinate) include:
* The development of our purpose-built dental suite (including dental facilities, client/patient dentistry service, RVN and veterinary expertise)
* The development and marketting of our ISFM Gold Standard cattery and feline services (includes CPD development of team)
* Specialist nurse clinic development, coordination and client marketting
* ‘Best Pet Consult’ Service instigation and development – enhancing the customer visit experience, communication and education at Birstall as well as growing our Healthcare Plan service for pets and their owners.
* RAW (rabbit) accreditation
* RCVS Small Animal Awards in: a) Team & Professional Responsibility, b). Client Service, c). Patient Consultation Service, 4). Diagnostic Service, 5). In-Patient Service and 6). Emergency & Critical Care Service
* British Veterinary Receptionist Association Gold Award Accreditation
The role strongly weighs on the administrative, financial and ‘people’ management aspect of veterinary practice. We are looking specifically for candidates with experience in managing large teams, budgets, client service, project development etc. rather than clinical (veterinary) expertise. The successful candidate would be supported daily by existing practice partners, as well as a Clinical Nurse Manager, Head Nurse and Client Service Manager.
Day-to-day role involves :
*Overall responsibility for daily management of the Hospital – Candidate must thrive in busy, high-paced, changing environment. Birstall needs a manager who is strictly organised, shows effective time management, and has clear communication, leadership and motivational skills. High levels of initiative, stamina and resilience is a must.
* Rota management of entire team, locum cover, payroll management – strong administrative, computational, strategic planning and coordination skills.
*Overseeing all H&S, HR-related, colleague support including: appraisals, recruitment, non-clinical colleague training etc. Strong interest in personnel development and creating a fun, supportive place to work. Interest and/or experience in personnel development techniques (e.g. DISC/Insight profiling, Situational Leadership, GROW coaching techniques, would be highly advantageous)
* Debt, Insurance, Financial, Budget Management. Strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in practice financial reports, budgeting, clinical audit, Pet Insurance and client debt management. Keen interest to identify business opportunities, problem-solve and drive practice/service/colleague performance.
* Client Service, complaints and communication management – empathetic, balanced, analytical, supportive and skilled at promptly handling all client complaints, with a focus of providing exception service.
- CPD development
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- 5.6 weeks holiday pay (6.6 weeks after 2 years service)
- Birthday off
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.