Marlow Vets Chepstow is a happy, long established 7 vet independent small animal practice in the beautiful Wye Valley, conveniently close to Bristol & M4/M5. We have high standards of patient & client care & have an excellent local reputation and a good, varied caseload with a loyal, friendly client base. In addition to a certificate holder in anaesthesia & a medicine AVP we have visiting specialists & a great nursing team. We are gold ISFM cat friendly and have recently been assessed as ‘a very nice practice’ by a senior RCVS inspector in Feb 2021.
We are now seeking an experienced Practice Manager to join our close-knit team. This is a real opportunity to join a growing, independent practice within an experienced and motivated team. We are looking for someone with the ability to bring our team together to work seamlessly to ensure our high standards of animal patient and client care are maintained.
The role will involve:
- Managing the daily running of the practice, providing a visible and reassuring presence for the team and clients
- Supporting and liaising with the three directors
- Leading, managing, supporting, and training our client facing team.
- Promoting a culture of mutual respect & integrity with all colleagues
- Bringing structure and organisation to the practice, ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and protocol are in place, visible, understood and being adhered to, and that the practice is fully compliant with RCVS requirements
- Taking responsibility for HR activities including recruitment; employee development and appraisals; holiday and sickness recording; and scheduling and rotas to ensure the practice is adequately staffed at all times
- Finance responsibilities including regular reviews of pricing, reporting on key financial performance indicators and budget, and seeking efficiencies where appropriate.
- Overseeing maintenance and repairs, liaising with contractors and suppliers
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Practice Manager who can bring the team together in an engaging and motivating manner, enabling the directors and clinical staff to focus on delivering exceptional and compassionate care to their animal patients and owners. This is a busy role, with our teams often working under pressure to provide the care required for our animals and we are therefore looking for someone who can be calm in a crisis and juggle multiple priorities whilst ensuring a harmonious and supportive environment for our team.
You will need:
- Proven experience as a Practice Manager in either a Veterinary Practice or a GP Surgery
- Problem solving attitude and approach
- Solid organisational skills with a structured mind and an eye for detail
- Strong people management experience
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to manage different stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Supportive team player
- Good all round IT skills
- Act as a role model to other team members
Our main surgery is purpose built, well designed, air-conditioned & well-equipped with two pleasant consult only satellites.
This is a full time role with hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday/Saturday
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Subsidised veterinary care
- Support with professional development
Apply with CV & covering letter describing why you think you would be successful in this role to Caroline Marlow at Marlow Vets Newport Road, Chepstow NP16 5BB
Closing date: 7th February ‘22