An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Practice Manager to join our Richmond 24-Hour Hospital in South West London.
This is a brand-new role responsible for supporting the non-clinical day-to-day running a busy hospital as well as managing and leading a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses and support staff.
The successful candidate will carry out varied administrative and client care duties with a strong emphasis on leading and supporting the team, creating a one team approach onsite with your regional colleagues.
Salary and hours:
- Salary up to £40,000 depending on experience
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Monday to Friday – no out-of-hours, weekends or bank holidays – 09:00-5:30
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 100% attendance scheme
- ‘Peternity’ leave
- In this role you will assist with financial and operational performance of the hospital as well as the overall team performance and engagement.
- Work to improve and maintain clinical standards, in line with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- Review rotas and ensure correct staffing levels, liaising with regional rota management to organise cover if needed, and ensure appropriate diary management.
- Oversee the non clinical day-to-day running and organisation of our Hospital services and team, including building and equipment maintenance and stock control.
- Monitor TOIL and time management + night staff commission.
- Maintain correct Health and Safety protocols and documentation.
- New staff inductions, management of EMS programme.
- Liaising with our central recruitment team to manage recruitment on a practice level.
- All aspects of line manager duties to include managing individual and team performance; conducting reviews such as 1:1 catch ups, probation reviews and regular PDR’s to encourage career growth and development.
- Liaise and work alongside our Branch Partners, Head Nurse and Head Receptionist.
- Being a primary contact for the branch + OOH practices, which would include attending both new and existing practices to promote our services as required.
- Explore, review and implement any essential changes following team or client feedback, as required, replying to complaints.
- Organise and minute staff meetings, including critical event reviews and clinical audits.
- Oversee the debt management and accounts, direct line management of the accounts administrator.
Skills and experience
Key skills: The successful candidate would need to consistently demonstrate strong organisational and leadership skills, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for developing their colleagues and the practice. A natural leader, who is proactive, approachable and able to communicate confidently with people at all levels, building strong relationships with both colleagues and clients. They would need to be confident in their own abilities to make balanced decisions under pressure; considering patients, owners and the business, and able to prioritise work based on deadlines and importance.
Nursing or other veterinary background beneficial, ideally with Hospital/Referral experience. Previous, recent experience in a management/leadership roles required.
About the Clinic: Medivet Richmond 24-Hour is a bustling hospital, which boasts a CT suite and much much more.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly experienced team led by our established Branch Partners, as well as the Head Registered Veterinary Nurse and a Head Client Care Assistant. Including certificate holders or those currently undertaking a certificate. The hospital also possess a highly skilled and experienced nursing team, a dedicated reception and night team to see your cases through the night on site.
It houses an MRI/CT unit and so treats many interesting neurology, medicine, surgical and other cases. Additionally, Richmond 24hr is equipped with endoscopy, arthroscopy, digital x-ray, MiLab X7 ultrasound, multi-parameter monitors, in-house bloods, dental radiology and much more! The group is also supported by its own pet blood bank, laboratory as well as other services. It’s prominent location, separate cat and dog wards, a dedicated staff room, a close link to the station as well as a friendly and sociable team who enjoy their team nights out.
It supports Medivet clinics in all of South West London but also the whole of Southern England, with interesting and complicated cases.