An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Practice Manager to join our team as a cluster manager based from our Ashford Middlesex Practice in South West London.
This is a brand-new role responsible for supporting the non-clinical day-to-day running a busy practice as well as managing and leading a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses and support staff.
The successful candidate will carry out varied administrative and client care duties with a strong emphasis on leading and supporting the team, creating a one team approach onsite with your regional colleagues.
Salary and hours:
• Salary up to £40,000 depending on experience
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Monday to Friday – no out-of-hours, weekends or bank holidays – 09:00-5:30
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
• Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
• 100% attendance scheme
• ‘Peternity’ leave
- In this role you will assist with financial and operational performance of the hospital as well as the overall team performance and engagement.
- Work to improve and maintain clinical standards, in line with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- Review rotas and ensure correct staffing levels, liaising with regional rota management to organise cover if needed, and ensure appropriate diary management.
- Oversee the non clinical day-to-day running and organisation of our Hospital services and team, including building and equipment maintenance and stock control.
- Monitor TOIL and time management + night staff commission.
- Maintain correct Health and Safety protocols and documentation.
- New staff inductions, management of EMS programme.
- Liaising with our central recruitment team to manage recruitment on a practice level.
- All aspects of line manager duties to include managing individual and team performance; conducting reviews such as 1:1 catch ups, probation reviews and regular PDR’s to encourage career growth and development.
- Liaise and work alongside our Branch Partners, Head Nurse and Head Receptionist.
- Being a primary contact for the branch + OOH practices, which would include attending both new and existing practices to promote our services as required.
- Explore, review and implement any essential changes following team or client feedback, as required, replying to complaints.
- Organise and minute staff meetings, including critical event reviews and clinical audits.
- Oversee the debt management and accounts, direct line management of the accounts administrator.
Your skills and experience
Key skills: The successful candidate would need to consistently demonstrate strong organisational and leadership skills, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for developing their colleagues and the practice. A natural leader, who is proactive, approachable and able to communicate confidently with people at all levels, building strong relationships with both colleagues and clients. They would need to be confident in their own abilities to make balanced decisions under pressure; considering patients, owners and the business, and able to prioritise work based on deadlines and importance.
Nursing or other veterinary background beneficial. Previous, recent experience in a management/leadership roles required.
About the Clinic: Ashford Middlesex is a bustling practice, which very excitingly is due a refurb in 2024 and is a great opportunity for a leader to work with a dedicated, long-standing and passionate team.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly experienced team, supported by a Head Registered Veterinary Nurse and a Head Client Care Assistant. Ashford also possess a highly skilled and experienced nursing team, a dedicated reception who lead a five star service to the area.
Additionally, it is supported by our Richmond 24hr Hospital which is 20 mins away and is equipped with endoscopy, arthroscopy, digital x-ray, MiLab X7 ultrasound, multi-parameter monitors, in-house bloods, dental radiology and much more! The group is also supported by its own pet blood bank, laboratory as well as other services.
It’s prominent location, easy access and seperate parking lot allow our team to provide excellent service. It has a dedicated staff room, a close link to the station and buses, as well as a friendly and sociable team who enjoy their team nights out.