We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are seeking a Practice Manager to come and support our Dartford hospital. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations of the branch and will ensure the delivery of excellent clinical quality and care standards within the branch and that Medivet procedures and policies are followed.
The Practice Manager will ensure a strong professional relationship between the branch staff, the branch and the region.
- Work alongside the Branch Partner, Head Nurse and Regional Team to ensure efficiency and high performance is maintained in the branch.
- Debt management in the branch
- Client complaints (first response)
- Communication between main centre and branches
- Client service
- Work flow within the branch
- Insurance claims are completed
- Professional behaviour between staff
- Professional behaviour between staff and clients
- Diary management
- IBDC approvals
- Commission calculation and approval
- Branch meetings
- Ensuring clinical staff are having clinical rounds (including board huddles in the morning, morbidity and mortality rounds etc)
- Ensure Medivet policies and procedures are being followed in branch
- Work alongside Area Manager to identify any under-performance within the practice
- Ensure MHP and IVCs are being used in the branch
- Identify any additional training which is needed by the team.
- Ensure all staff have received a PDR
- Help CCA with reception work when needed
- Work alongside the Area Manager and Regional Director with recruitment
- Ensure the ambulance is providing a good service to feeding branches
Skills and Experience
- Experience in the veterinary industry is an advantage
- Experience in a management position managing a team, finance, client service and project development
- Organisation skills
- Adaptability and drive
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to manage own diary and to prioritise tasks
Medivet 24 Hour Dartford is based in the town centre, which offers many places to eat and shop, and is a 15-minute drive from Bluewater Shopping Centre. The practice is also a short walk from Central Park, which has beautiful gardens and is home to part of the River Darent, which also continues past the scenic Brooklands Lake.
The successful candidate will be joining a large team of 3 vets, 7 nurses and 2 CCAs. The practice is equipped with the latest technology including digital X-ray and ultrasound. As well as the in-house services, you will also get access to all the services across the Medivet group.