Medivet have an opportunity for a practice manager to join the dedicated and friendly team at our practice in Littleover, Derbyshire.
As a well-established and recognised veterinary practice in Derby, Medivet Littleover provides a comprehensive range of pet care services for all small animals. The team currently consists of one vet supported by two nurses, a student nurse, two animal nursing assistants, three patient care assistants and two client care assistants.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 40 hours per week over five days with no weekends or out of hours but we’re open to being flexible where we can so get in touch and let us know what works for you.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on retail, entertainment and meals out.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- £30,000 – £35,000 Per Year
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, we want to be the best place for vets and nurses to work and we’re putting in the effort to do that. For more information contact email@example.com
- Assist with financial and operational performance as well as the overall team performance and engagement.
- Maintain high clinical standards, in line with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- Review rotas and ensure correct staffing levels with support from the regional team.
- Oversee the non clinical day-to-day running and organisation of the team, building, equipment and stock control.
- Monitor TOIL, time management & night staff commission.
- Maintain correct Health and Safety protocols and documentation.
- New staff inductions, management of EMS programme.
- Liaising with our central recruitment team to manage recruitment on a practice level.
- All aspects of line manager duties to include managing individual and team performance.
- Explore, review and implement any essential changes following team or client feedback, as required.
- Organise and minute staff meetings, including critical event reviews and clinical audits.
- Oversee the debt management and accounts, direct line management of the accounts administrator.
Your skills and experience
- Strong organisational and leadership skills.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for developing colleagues and the practice.
- Proactive, approachable and able to communicate confidently with people at all levels and can build strong relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Confident in ability to make balanced decisions under pressure; considering patients, owners and the business.
- Able to prioritise work based on deadlines and importance.
Nursing or other veterinary background is not required but would be beneficial, as would experience in a management/leadership role.
This is a brand-new role responsible for supporting the non-clinical day-to-day running of a practice as well as managing and leading a team of veterinary surgeons, nurses and support staff. The successful candidate will carry out varied administrative and client care duties with a strong emphasis on leading and supporting the team, creating a one team approach on-site.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.