- Working alongside the Clinical Director to engage and lead the staff in one of two practice buildings.
- Maintaining a high standard of customer and clinical care
- Liaising with HR, BSM and IVCE on a daily basis
- Managing customer concerns and dealing with the non-clinical aspect of complaints
- Co-ordinate maintenance and servicing of equipment in the practice
- Co-ordinating practice standard inspections and progressing in the scheme
- Implementing and adhering to health and safety protocols
- Marketing of the business to the local community
- Understanding the financial P&L and making decisions that will positively affect the practice
The shifts are flexible and up to 38hrs across 5 days per week, with flexibility in how these hours are made up. No Weekend or out of hours work is required.
The salary for this position is up to £30,000 FTE.
Nithsdale Vets is a two site small animal practice in busy market town of Dumfries with an additional site at Thornhill. We are well established and have a strong client base.
We are busy first opinion practice who do our own OOH 7 days a week we are fully functional but in need of some investment and expansion which you would be involved in.
We have 5 FTE vets including a CD, a team of registered veterinary nurses, student veterinary nurses and animal nursing assistants, supported by our experienced team of receptionists. The role would require travel between the two sites but the main place of operation would be Dumfries.
About the Team and Culture
Experience in the veterinary sector/a similar role is preferred but not essential. Our perfect applicant would hold further qualifications in the role i.e. ILM level 5/CVPM but also not essential. Good written and verbal English, ability to manage people and complaints, organisational skills and a team player. A passion for managing people and situations is the top skill needed.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.