Wymondham Veterinary Clinic is a small animal, long established, first opinion, independent Veterinary practice just on the outskirts of Norwich.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a part-time Practice Manager to assist the Clinical Director in the general management of the clinic and to help drive the development and vision of the practice.
Wymondham Vets is situated in the heart of the market town of Wymondham, just outside Norwich. It has been recently refurbished, top to bottom, it has 20 years of excellent reputation in town thanks to our amazing team of 3 Vets, 4 RVNs, a kennels assistant and 2 receptionists.
The ideal candidate will have previous veterinary management experience, although someone with other veterinary experience will also been considered. We are looking for a person with proven leadership and motivational skills, who is positive, friendly, professional and strive to maintain excellent standards.
- Ensure the reliable uptake of PHS
- Manage HR and staff appraisals
- Dealing with customers’ queries and concerns
- Follow, update and continue to develop website, Facebook and other social media
- Ensure an effective running of PMS and make corrections where necessary
- Identify problems within the Practice and find effective solutions
- Benchmarking for regular reviews of pricing and services
- Identify new products and services that can be delivered to our clients
- Effective communication with reception, Vets and nursing staff for continuing to provide excellence in customer service
- Regular review of equipment maintenance
- Purchasing of new equipment alongside the Director
- Regular reps meeting for review of drugs deals and stock control
- Update SOP files as necessary and at least annually
- Check the clinic maintenance and cleaning schedule and effectiveness
- Organise and attend regular meetings of Management, Clinical, nursing and reception teams
- Overseeing health & safety, risk assessments and practice standards
- Regular financial checks of invoicing and debt letters alongside reception team
- General accounting
- Recruiting and organising the training of new staff
- Previous experience of team management would be ideal
- Excellent communication and being able to motivate your team are essential
- Commitment to grow the practice
- Commitment to ensure excellent patient and client care
- Organisational skills and attention to details are expected
- Initiative and being able to work independently are essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Sage or Xero) would be ideal
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge is helpful
The successful candidate will play an essential role in the future direction of the practice alongside the Clinical Director and the whole of Wymondham Vets’ team.
What we offer
- Part-time position
- Salary – package depending on experience
- CPD allowance
- VMG membership
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Staff discounts scheme
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 30th October 2020.