We have an exciting opportunity for a Practice Manager to join us at Saxon Vets and Framlingham Vets.
Your main purpose will be to support the Clinical Director in the management of the practice and the development of the business, promoting improvements and being an active member of the Management Team.
You will manage, lead and develop all support functions to ensure a continuous high level of customer care. This role reports to the Clinical Director for Operational matters and our Group Finance Director for Financial Control processes.
• To ensure that all support functions within the practice run effectively at all times through clear communication, leadership and management.
• To set an example of professional conduct at all times.
• To support projects instigated by the Partners with the aim of driving the business forward. To be receptive to new ideas and encourage Reception team involvement.
• To ensure adequate reception cover at all sites and that shifts are allocated in line with the needs of the business.
• To ensure that all Receptionists/non-clinical staff are involved in appropriate training, talks, presentations and meetings that are designed to enhance their knowledge, improve their selling and customer service skills.
• To ensure that cash security and data protection measures are observed at all times in all areas.
• Banking in line with group policy and covered by insurance levels.
• Responsible for debt collection within the practice including adherence to group debt protocols and timely insurance claim administration.
• Manage staff annual appraisals and provide regular feedback on performance.
• Manage Employee Relations with HR support and in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
• To ensure that all Group Policies and Procedures, both financial and non-financial, are implemented and respected.
• Coordination of the maintenance and repair of the premises, using preferred contractors where possible.
• To liaise with the Business Support Manager and colleagues at Head Office to ensure effective communication, coordination and co-operation.
• Carry out any additional duties requested by the partners or senior management.
You will be the Practice Manager for two very well-established practices which are 6 miles apart, one in Wickham Market and another one in Framlingham. Both practices have office facilities. You will be joining an ever-growing team of six veterinary surgeons, four registered veterinary nurses and an excellent team of veterinary care assistants and receptionists – who pride themselves in their dedication to client and pet care. We have a certificate holder in ophthalmology and very soon we will have one in internal medicine.
The area has idyllic countryside and is near the sea. Framlingham is well known for both its castle and being Ed Sheeran’s place of birth and residency. As we are part of IVC Evidensia you will receive excellent support in your job role.
We are looking for a professional manager who will lead and motivate our team of 30 professionals. The role is varied and requires excellent organisation and administration skills, combined with working knowledge of HR, H&S and GDPR. Business vision and an open-progressive mind are valued attributes.
The successful candidate will not need to know the veterinary industry as full training will be provided but experience managing teams/business and leading them to deliver the highest levels of client service is essential.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.