We have an exciting opportunity for a Practice Manager to join our team here at St Clair Vet in Fife.
As a Practice Manager you will thrive on leading while inspiring and motivating your team.
You will be working closely with the Clinical Director and the Senior Leadership team.
You will manage the daily running of the practice, development of the business, promoting and implementing change and improvements and being an active member of the Senior Leadership team. Most importantly you will actively manage, support, grow and motivate the team to enable the delivery of the highest standard of care for our patients and their owners and the delivery of our business objectives
- Leading and developing all team members to ensure a continuous high level of clinical and customer care
- Recruit, Support and develop the team
- Take full responsibility for the day-to-day operations in the practice
- Solve problems swiftly to ensure we can continue to offer the great service we strive to deliver
- Facilitate practice team meetings along with Senior Leadership Team
- Ensure that the team runs effectively and efficiently
- Manage, report and monitor team attendance, including robust holiday planning, dealing with sickness absences in a timely manner and not accepting unacceptable levels of non-attendance.
- Provide rotas in line with legal time frames, making sure there are the right numbers of employees, with the right skills to meet customer demands.
- Manage own diary
- Dealing with client concerns and complaints
- Having a good knowledge of the business
- Financial understanding of the business
- Debt management
- Processing invoices
- Cash management and banking
- Reconcile and deal with day-to-day banking transactions including cash handling and petty cash to budget
- Take payments, organise invoices and implement debt protocol.
- Review, interpret and prioritise financial results/budgets with other key people and put in place realistic plans and recommendations to address areas of concern.
- Liaising with HR regarding employment issues
- Regular communication with Regional Director and other members of Linnaeus
- Implementing and adhering to H&S policies
- Co-ordinate maintenance and repairs within the practice
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers on a range of issues from Service Level Agreements to payments.
- Keep a clean, tidy, and welcoming Practice through the delivery of company processes in relation to layout, presentation, maintenance, and appearance of the front of house areas.
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent communication skills and be commercially minded
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Power Point,
- You will enjoy building relationships with not only clients and patients but with the wider team
- Have a passion for developing and coaching colleagues
- You will have strong organisation skills and relish taking accountability and ownership within your role
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of budgets, profit and loss statements, and financial planning
- Mobility to all branches within Practice Group
- Time management skills are a must as the role will involve prioritisation of day-to-day responsibilities as well as managing ad hoc tasks and emergency situations as they arise