We are looking for an experienced Practice Manager with strong interpersonal and organisational skills to assist the Clinical Directors in all aspects of managing our state-of-the-art RCVS accredited Equine Hospital just outside of Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. The practice offers excellent care to a diverse range of equine patients, and you will be leading and supporting our friendly team, as well as developing our veterinary practice.
Our ideal candidate will be appropriately qualified, confident and possess proven management skills. They also need to be astute and capable of providing strategic, proactive, and innovative support in an ever-changing environment. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing daily operations of the practice ensuring staff achieve targets effectively and in a timely manner
- Providing leadership and guidance for practice staff ensuring they adhere to policy and procedure at all times
- Organising duty rotas for Vets, Nurses, and administrative staff
- Setting goals and ensuring the practice achieves its financial objectives
- Overseeing finances, including budgets, billing, and payroll
- Managing IT systems
- Addressing customer complaints or concerns, documenting and taking appropriate action.
- Enforcing industry and health and safety regulations
- Manage compliance registers
- Support the management team in the compilation of practice reports.
- Assist with the recruitment of staff
- Review and update practice policies and procedures
- Identifying and implementing practice improvement initiatives
- Managing projects to develop and grow the practice
Work experience and skills
- At least 2 years Management experience preferred
- The successful applicant will either have a solid background in administration of veterinary practices or impressive management experience
- Excellent leadership skills with extremely high standards
- An excellent communicator with a passion for helping people and growing teams
Please note: applications without a covering letter explaining their suitability for the role and salary expectations will not be accepted.
- Initial 30 days holiday including Bank holidays plus a bonus day off for your birthday.
- Access to company pension and health benefit schemes.
- CPD supported and actively encouraged with a CPD allowance.
- Health cash plan scheme
- Salary commensurate with qualification and experience
Please apply in writing to Three Counties Equine Hospital, Stratford Bridge, Ripple, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 6HE or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you are a suitable candidate.