You will be contracted to work 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 16:00 and 02:00, we are flexible with start and finish times and are happy to discuss a pattern that will work for you. You must be available to attend meetings during the day. Some travel may be required for these, so the successful candidate will ideally hold a full UK driving licence.
- Provide effective leadership, ensuring all staff are committed to achieving both the clinical and financial outcome of the business and understand their role in realising this
- Line management of clinical and non-clinical team supporting with other team members in the absence of their line manager
- Ensure operational efficiencies are achieved within the clinic, ensuring that everyone works as one team.
- Responsible for meeting the overall operational, budgetary, and financial targets of the site.
- Working with your team to anticipate staffing requirements and proactively recruit appropriate personnel.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, PDPs, rewards and (where appropriate) disciplinary action.
- Ensure Our Values are recognised and lived daily by our staff and are demonstrated in our behaviour and interaction with colleagues and clients.
- Oversee the general upkeep and maintenance of the buildings including project managing, supervising and coordinating any work with contractors and support office staff, to allow each shift to run smoothly
- Ensure equipment is well maintained and available for use on shift for the clinical team. Arranging the servicing of all equipment and ensuring all service records are kept up to date
- Ensure the buildings and equipment meets health and safety requirements and our facilities comply with legislation, arranging maintenance and testing whenever necessary
- Managing purchase orders and invoices
- Responsible for the weekly banking and management of debt in the clinic. Ensuring that policies that relate to the financial aspect of the business are followed.
- Ensuring all client queries are responded to by the correct department in a timely manner
- Work with the senior team to plan and carryout regular staff meetings
- Responsible for the completion of the Practice standards process.
- Responsible for overseeing and reporting back on the clinical and operational auditing process and running reports as required.
- Organise and carry out stock takes twice a year
- Work with the business relationship manager and senior team to ensure a harmonious working relationship with the host practice and partner practices
- Responsible for monitoring of all HR records on HR Portal to ensure all relevant information has been captured in relation to your direct reports and responsibility for auditing time and attendance data entry
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills with the ability to engage and motivate a team
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Highly effective organisational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to working as part of an effective team
- Proven track record of building and maintaining external relationships with customers and raising the business profile
- Ability to work accurately under own direction and manage a wide and varied workload
- Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of MS Office package
Rewards and benefits
- 7 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Cash Health Plan provided by Simply Health
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Family-friendly policies including sick, maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Paid volunteering days
- Death in service of two times annual salary
About Vets Now
We are at the forefront of emergency and critical care, making a real difference to pet owners and saving the lives of pets each day. We provide cover to over 1000 vet practices and have over 60 emergency clinics and specialist referral hospitals across the UK. Vets Now are truly at the cutting edge of pet emergency services.