Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry is creating exceptional opportunities for people like you. Here, you won’t just be part of the team, you’ll be part of our nationwide family. We’ve built a network of 330 practices with 20 state-of-the-art 24-hour centres that are all home to a family of professionals who provide a high standard of care. You won’t just help to deliver care, you’ll deliver exceptional care for your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all supported by your colleagues and some of the best training and development in the industry. Join us where we’re building better every day.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Administrator to join our office in Watford.
The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and supportive team of ten in the Commercial team. The team provides support with all procurement needs across the business including medical equipment, pharmaceutical supplies, office and kitchen supplies, white goods, uniforms and consumables.
This is a fast-paced, varied role, which reports to the Procurement team leader and you will predominantly maintain and update the central procurement systems.
The successful candidate will have previous procurement experience within a similar role, ideally within a clinical setting and will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and planning and organising skills are paramount in this role, along with experience of working to deadlines as you will be required to ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Organising meeting and travel arrangements
• Answering departmental telephone calls and directing enquiries accordingly
• Researching potential new suppliers/products
• Raising purchase orders.
• Managing suppliers and ensuring correct items have been received
• Data input using Sage
• Dealing with inbound communications and managing post / emails
• Carrying out general admin duties as required
• Supporting the Procurement Team Leader with ad-hoc duties
Skills and Experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organisational and administration skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Intermediate Excel skills
• Previous experience within an administrative role
• Pays attention to detail
• Experience of working within a Procurement Department in a clinical setting
• Experience using Sage accounting software would be an advantage, but full training will be provided
For more information and to apply, click here…