About the role
We are excited to introduce a newly created position reporting to the Head of Clinical Education and Quality Improvement. As the Veterinary Quality Improvement Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our quality improvement strategy, fostering a culture of excellence and patient safety, and enhancing outcomes for our valued clients.
We can offer hybrid working from our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire) and regular travel will be required.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- Collaborating closely with the Head of Clinical Education & Quality Improvement to implement our quality improvement strategy and broader strategic plan
- Developing and maintaining the Vets for Pets Quality Improvement Framework, making it practical and applicable for our veterinary professionals
- Cultivating a culture of improvement, quality, patient safety and Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine (EBVM) within our practice teams
- Supporting the development of a ‘just culture’ and psychological safety within our practices
- Utilising data analysis to establish benchmarks and objectives for continuous improvement
- Providing regular reports and recommendations to the Head of Clinical Education & Quality Improvement based on data findings
- Fostering strong relationships with Joint Venture Partners (JVPs) and other stakeholders, addressing clinical governance needs
- Create QI education materials, courses, resources and guidelines in collaboration with our Clinical Academy team
- Implementing strategies to measure and celebrate success within our practices
- Analysing root causes of issues within practices and developing prevention recommendations in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Collaborating with various teams, including Clinical Academy, L&D, Clinical & Regulatory Content and more
- Acting as a role model for our values and behaviors, driving them into our judgments, decisions and actions
- Being a people-centric leader who communicates effectively at all levels of the business
- Promoting a welfare-centered approach to improving outcomes for pets and clients through education and training
- Contributing to strategic projects and the overall clinical strategy
- Supporting various events such as graduate induction programs, conferences, and recruitment fairs
- Full UK-practising member of the RCVS (MRCVS) or Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
- Significant prior experience in developing and implementing quality improvement frameworks within veterinary practice
- Strong understanding of evidence-based approaches in developing plans, strategies and guidelines
- Thorough and current knowledge of the veterinary profession and its challenges
- Proficiency in data analysis, manipulation and reporting
- Confident presentation skills for stakeholders at all levels
- Exceptional networking abilities with a desire to expand your network
- Customer and colleague-centric mindset, emphasising teamwork and service delivery
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of our dynamic organization, including travel and occasional nights away from home
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritisation and organisation skills
- High emotional intelligence, strong judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Post-graduate qualification in quality improvement/patient safety (e.g., MSc/PhD) is desirable
- Membership of BSAVA/BVA/BVNA also desirable
If you are a dynamic, dedicated, and experienced professional looking to make a meaningful impact in the veterinary field, we invite you to join our team. Apply today and be a part of our mission to elevate veterinary care and improve the lives of pets and their owners.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.