We are a friendly, independent, veterinary practice looking for an enthusiastic individual to inspire and motivate a team of 5 receptionists at our busy practice in Glastonbury.
This is a hugely important role within a fast and dynamic setting, so you will have great organisation & problem-solving skills and have excellent communication abilities, enabling us to provide the best support for both our team and clients. Previous leadership/management experience is essential and although no experience within the veterinary industry is necessary, it would be desirable.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the practice, updating and managing the diary, and allocating work to our veterinary surgeons, as required
- Organising reception staff rotas & review monthly time sheets
- Develop, coach and support for the reception team incl. appraisals
- Hold regular team meetings
- Build a strong working relationship with the Practice Manager through effective communication and aligning day to day operations with strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Ensure the professionalism and reputation of the practice is maintained through excellent customer support.
- Daily banking (shared responsibility)
- Review communications / promotions grid
- Review emails to general practice address
- Some health & safety responsibilities
Skills you will you need?
- Excellent organisation, IT and administrative skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and commercial awareness.
- A passion for developing and coaching colleagues
- Time management skills are a must as the role will involve prioritisation of day-to-day responsibilities as well as managing ad hoc tasks and emergency situations as they arise.
Hours, Pay & benefits
- Average hours per week: 38.5 – 41 hours – Monday to Friday plus approx. 10 x Saturday mornings per annum.
- Salary will be dependent on experience (£12 to £15 per hour)
- 32 days holiday per annum incl. BH
- Generous staff discounts
- Training/ development is encouraged
- Ample free parking on site
For further information or to apply, contact details are as follows:
Alyson Gough – Email: email@example.com Tel: 01458 832972 Website: www.ovg.co.uk
Orchard Vets, Wirrall Park Road, Glastonbury, BA6 9XE
Please send a CV and a covering letter.