At CVS, we are the largest integrated veterinary service provider in the UK, operating in excess of 500 veterinary surgeries throughout the UK, Ireland and Holland. Our surgeries include nine referral practices providing first class specialist treatment, one of which is Northern Ireland Veterinary Specialists.
Northern Ireland Veterinary Specialists is based in idyllic countryside on the outskirts of the picturesque village of Hillsborough, yet only 15 minutes from vibrant Belfast city and just over 1 hour from Dublin. Northern Ireland is a wonderful location to live, with easy access to the mountains, the coast and with an array of sporting and scenic attractions on our doorstep.
The hospital offers orthopaedic, soft tissue, neurosurgery and cardiology referrals. The specialists are supported by a highly experienced nursing team, interns and a dedicated out of hours service.
This centre requires a Clinical Director to lead, manage and support our clinical and non-clinical teams. You will work in partnership with the referral clinicians, Practice Manager, Nurses and admin team to optimise service to clients and patients, helping develop the business by maximising turnover and productivity. As a relatively new hospital, this offers an exciting opportunity to help shape the continued growth and development of the practice.
In the role, some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Working with clinical colleagues, you will ensure that standards within the practice continue to be in line with the RCVS code of professional conduct, RCVS Practice Standards Scheme and the CVS Clinical Governance standards
- Responsibility for the financial performance of the clinic in conjunction with the Practice Manager and Referral divisional leadership team. You will take a lead in developing the clinical and commercial strategy for the centre in line with our overarching referrals strategies but also taking advantage of regional opportunities
- You will work with the clinical colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest standards of governance in relation to clinical meetings, CPD, clinical development planning and creating clinical frameworks, clinical audit and recording of unexpected clinical events
This role would suit a Specialist who is ready to take the next step in their career within this successful and growing Referral Centre. The proportion of clinical to managerial responsibilities is open to being discussed.
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Managerial experience in a similar role within the veterinary sector (desirable)
- A high standard of communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to energise, shape and direct a team to maximise motivation and support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Fluent in interpreting a wide range of financial information to inform decision-making and action-planning and communicating financial information
- Knowledge of sector standards required and possesses proven track record of driving improvements in quality standards