We are seeking a dynamic and experienced business manager for our referral team with a passion for delivering high quality care. We aim to recruit an inspirational leader who will bring energy, vision, exceptional communication skills and strong management experience to this pivotal role. Supported by the Directors for strategic guidance, the successful candidate will be in charge of all day-to-day affairs and will optimise the operational performance of the business working with both our clinical and operations teams.
The referral business manager is to:
• Lead the Pride Veterinary Centre referral team in providing an exceptional quality service to our B2C and B2B clients and the patients.
• Implement the formal business objectives developed in liaison with the Directors
• Play a key role in contributing to Pride Veterinary Centres operational and strategic plans
• Deliver consistent and clear communication pathways to the referral team and the wider stakeholder group within Scarsdale and into IVC Evidensia.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Deliver clear and concise communication to the teams to ensure all understand their roles and the plans, performance and activities within the referral business
• Line manage the Referral Veterinary Team through the line management structure
• Develop KPI’s to monitor performance of the team and delivery of service
• Be accountable for the Profit & Loss account for the department
• Implement the strategic plan for the Referral Business including growth of personnel, disciplines and revenues
• Work with the central IVC Referrals team and support the IVC Evidensia referrals strategy
• Develop efficiency drivers to ensure caseload management is optimised
• Ensure there is a clear ‘Pride Way’ of service delivery and all staff embrace this ethos
• Work with key internal and external stakeholders to optimise business performance including developing and maintaining relationships with referring IVC Evidensia 1st opinion practices.
• Ensure that local systems are in place for coaching and mentoring to enable team and individual development
The successful candidate will be an established leader; experience of leading operations management in a healthcare environment would be desirable. Key stakeholder engagement to drive positive change both at a client facing level and throughout the organisation is essential and the chosen candidate will be experienced in managing collaborative working. You will be responsible for the operational management and strategic development of the referral business including full P and L accountability.
- Professional subscriptions paid
- CPD actively encouraged
- Practice Focus on Health and Well Being
- Discounted Pet scheme
- Increased Holiday with Service
- Birthday Leave
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity pay
- Company Sick Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
The team is a specialist led multi-disciplinary veterinary referral team who are supported by extensive nurse and ancillary support teams. The veterinary teams work alongside our on-site radiographers, laboratory, physiotherapy and hydrotherapy teams. You will also benefit from management level colleagues in HR, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Learning & Development, with third party IT support and a centralised finance function, operational and group level referral support. The role will be supported by 2 direct reports providing additional operational support within the division.
For more information and to apply, click here…
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th January