Vale Referrals are recruiting for a referrals manager to join their team. Our referrals manager needs to have an explorative and inquisitive mind, to engage and network with our referring vets. Showcasing Vales services and values to referring vets, identifying those who have good engagement and reaching out to those who do not.
Providing monthly and quarterly reports to senior management with a clear roadmap and strategic plan based off your findings, you will work directly with our projects team and operations manager to ensure we are delivering high quality services.
This role is a busy and varied, you must be a people person, enjoying meeting new people and engaging with them, whilst seeking out opportunities for continued business growth.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Management of the referral admin team alongside the General manager.
- Overseeing referrals booking protocols, discharge letters and notes, ensuring clear communication to referring veterinary surgeons and clients.
- Attending referral team meetings, practice meetings, management meetings.
- Arranging and coordinating appraisal reviews for teams, documenting and recording information.
- Management of the PMS diary system for referrals (alongside the management team).
- Working with and supporting the Nurse Manager, Senior Nurses and Operations Manager.
- Assist Project Manager with recruitment and interview process.
Management of team holiday requests/ allocations.
IT and Marketing
- Work alongside the Project Manager with IVC marketing team to promote marketing campaigns.
- Assisting General Manager with trouble shooting daily issues within the practice, IT, Printer, Merlin PMS and diary management.
- Oversee and assist the Project Manager/clinical directors in organising Vale Referrals CPD (evening CPD, lunch and learns, yearly CPD, online CPD).
- Work alongside Project Manager/Clinical Director in referral marketing, promotion of Vale Referrals and Vale Vets – website, social media, visiting practices.
- Develop and augment relationships with external bodies RSA insurance, IVC network.
- Ensure internal and key external stakeholders are up to date with campaigns.
- To promote the referral services offered by Vale Referrals.
- Working with General manager/ Project Manager and clinical directors in relationship management of referring practices – KPI’s, arranging visits, diary management.
- Act as brand ambassador, visiting internal and external stakeholders as appropriate to introduce and promote campaigns.
- Analyse performance of campaigns, monitoring throughout campaign period, reporting back to senior management team.
- Understand and evaluate dynamics of local regional competition.
- Organise and attend internal and external events/conferences.
- Collate, write and edit engaging content for internal communications.
- To ensure referral costs are kept within budget.
- Assist clinical director and general manager/ operations manager with running reports and producing KPIs.
Vale Referrals provides veterinary referrals throughout the South West, Midlands and Wales. We are located just off the M5 in the beautiful surroundings of the Cotswolds, easy to get to, with plenty of parking.
About the Team and Culture
Vale Vets and Vale Referrals is a long established multidisciplinary first opinion and referral veterinary centre based in Dursley, South Gloucestershire. We have an established client base and are looking for a Referrals Manager to ambitiously grow and develop our referral activities. We have both B2C relationships and B2B relationships within our organisation that relate to client-owned animals (first opinion pet owners) and referring veterinary practices (second opinion/ referral business relationships and pet owner’s relationships).
We are looking for a passionate ambassador to oversee and help manage Vale Referrals, including our extensive client services team, with a can-do attitude and influential communication skills, as they will be interacting at all levels with both internal stakeholders (veterinary practices and company senior management) and end users (pet owners).
You will be working 5 days a week, based at our Dursley site – flexible working hours would be needed within reason.
Travel to other referring veterinary practices within the South West, Midlands and Wales may be required, as well as occasional national travel to participate in meetings/conferences.
The position will report to Sarah Newall (General Manager) and will benefit from the support of a small, dynamic management team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture, where you will have the opportunity to develop our referral standards and strategies.
- Previous experience in the veterinary industry is desirable.
- Strong organisational skills are a must.
- You must have strong IT knowledge, in Excel, Google sheets, Word, email management, and CRMs.
- Previous experience leading teams.
- Experience running small events, CPD, webinars etc.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH1234 when applying for this role.
Salary on application
If you would like to apply for this role please email your letter of interest and CV to email@example.com or call 01453 547934 to speak to Laura Dickenson.