We are recruiting for an experience Vet to join us as Regional Director for our Shrewbury and Birstall regions.
- This is a senior leadership and management position within our Clinical Operations field leadership team.
- You will provide strategic operational direction and leadership to colleagues in practices within your region, to ensure delivery against agreed performance measures.
- You will be responsible for the financial and operational performance of the practices within your region.
- You will need to ensure the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care standards in the practices within your region, encouraging a progressive clinical culture.
- You will follow Medivet policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented across your region (e.g. Medivet preferred drug policy)
- You will work with our HR Partners, HR advisers and Recruitment Partners to ensure we recruit, engage & retain great colleagues whilst adhering to HR policy & procedure
- Provide support and advice to all practices in a region
- Ensure Medivet’s core values are adopted by all staff in the region
- Promote the highest values of customer service
- Promote clinical quality through education and knowledge sharing among all staff
- Ensure financial performance meets or exceeds projections, whilst upholding the highest ethical values
- Problem solve regional issues whilst working together with other colleagues when required
- Assess recruitment needs, recruit staff and communicate with Support Centre teams accordingly
- Help promote and develop high levels of staff engagement
- Evaluate practice performance and present findings on a regular basis
Skills and Experience
- Solid clinical and management background in private small animal practice, with a strong grasp of the commercial requirements of successful practice
- Experience managing multiple veterinary practices
- Energy, passion and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Common sense – deliver practical and effective solutions
- Experience and aptitude for leadership – ability to motivate and inspire others!
- Proven ability to mentor/lead a team of veterinary professionals
- Experience recruiting, managing and producing performance reviews for Veterinary Surgeons
- Proven ability to drive revenue growth in practice/s