We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon with extensive clinical and operational experience and a strong background in managing teams of clinical staff, to join us as Regional Director.
The successful candidate should understand veterinary business and what makes them “tick”. This role will see you working with Medivet’s Branch Partners, managing and supporting clinical teams on a regional basis to deliver outstanding care and service and to strengthen the relationship between the branches and the Support Centre teams within the group.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in delivering regional strategy and building trust focused relationships. This is an opportunity to mould one of the strongest field teams in the Veterinary Sector.
- Provide support and advice to all practices in a region
- Manage a team of exceptional Area Managers to support all areas of high performing practices
- Ensure Medivet’s core values are lived and breathed every day.
- Promote the highest values of client care
- Promote clinical quality through education and knowledge sharing among all staff
- Encourage nurturing and development of our future Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses
- Ensure financial performance meets or exceeds projections, whilst upholding the highest ethical values
- Problem solve regional issues whilst working together with your team of Area Managers and Operations colleagues
- Colleague retention, engagement and selection and communicating with our expert Support Centre teams accordingly
- Evaluate practice performance, ‘getting under the skin’ of Veterinary businesses and create action plans on a regular basis
Skills and Experience
- Solid clinical and management background in private small animal practice, with a strong grasp of the commercial requirements of successful practice
- Experience managing multiple veterinary practices
- Energy, passion and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Common sense – deliver practical and effective solutions
- Experience and aptitude for leadership – ability to motivate and inspire others!
- Proven ability to mentor/lead a team of veterinary professionals
- Experience recruiting, managing and producing performance reviews for Veterinary Surgeons
- Knowledge and decision making in budgeting and plan making scenarios.
- Proven ability to drive revenue growth in practice/s
Closing date: 31 March 2020