The role of the Senior Administrator is to lead a small team of administrators to provide a supportive and efficient administration service meeting the needs of both our clients and our hospital teams.
This is a busy and varied role requiring flexibility and the ability to turn your hand to any task required. Being well-versed in departmental procedures and policies, the Senior Administrator will be able to actively discover new ways to do the job more efficiently.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience administration experience providing a high level of customer service. With highly developed listening, communication and interpersonal skills you will be able to handle emotional and complex situations in a way which always balances empathy with professionalism.
You should present a professional image to all levels within the organisation and externally, and work in a way which reflects our values and culture. You will be organised and structured in your work and possess the initiative to respond to and action a variety of issues. Additionally, you will be adaptable and possess the ability to prioritise tasks as workload demands and apply discretion and at all times as you will be handling confidential and sensitive data and issues.
This role will, at times, be demanding so the person will need to be calm and show understanding, consideration and patience.
You will have
• Extensive administration experience
• Previous experience of managing a team
• Experience of financial management including cashing up and reconciliation
• Experience of providing a high level of customer service
• The ability to effectively communicate with different audiences of varying seniority and in challenging situations
• Excellent level of IT literacy and using Microsoft 365 products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.)
• Ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Blue Cross values
It would also be great if you had:
• Previous experience of managing teams across multiple sites
• Experience of managing complex rotas and logistics
• Experience of stock control and ordering
• Knowledge of medical/veterinary administration
• Knowledge of the charity and voluntary sector
Job title: Senior Administrator
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Victoria animal hospital, London
Salary: £24,000 – £27,500 + £3,954 London Weighting Allowance
Closing date: 10th March 2023
Interview dates: 13th March 2023
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes. Our animal hospital in Victoria provides veterinary treatment for animals belonging to those people whose financial circumstances do not allow them to afford private veterinary fees.
Why Blue Cross?
Our people are the most important part of delivering our purpose. If it were not for their amazing efforts and commitment, we would not be able to make a difference that we do today. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
• Accommodation provided in London and Grimsby
• 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Holiday exchange & enhanced parental leave.
• Annual volunteer days
• Long service awards, starting from 5 years.
• Vast range of discounts across high street stores, insurance services & more
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please visit the ‘why work for us’ page on our website.
How to apply
Please complete the online application process before the closing date 10th March 2023.
First interviews: 13th March 2023
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
At Blue Cross we are passionate about our commitment to diversity, inclusion and removing barriers, should you like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or changes to our recruitment process to support you to be your best then please get in touch. You can get in touch with us either via email at email@example.com, via telephone on 01993 825515 or if you would prefer a video call then we can arrange this using Microsoft Teams.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.