Vets Now is the UK’s leading provider of emergency and out-of-hours care for pets. We operate from 58 clinics across the UK and three 24/7 pet emergency hospitals in Glasgow, Manchester and Swindon. At Vets Now, we aim to give people and their pets the care and support they deserve at the time they need it most, and every year our emergency vets and vet nurses treat more than 150,000 pets. Together we save pets’ lives.
What does this role entail?
To plan, deliver and execute a robust strategy to drive commercial growth through the acquisition & conversion of B2C customers & acquisition and retention of B2B customers using both digital and traditional channels.
The senior commercial manager reports into the head of marketing and will lead a small but growing team of marketing managers and executives. This is a full-time role based at the Vets Now support office situated between Edinburgh and Dunfermline, Fife.
Your areas of responsibility
- Be responsible for the strategic development and execution for a robust strategy which distinguishes and promotes the key qualities of Vets Now to deliver the business’s aggressive growth plans through our direct to consumer and our vet professional channels
- Work with the wider commercial growth marketing team to maximise our opportunities in all digital and traditional channels
- Support and drive a data-driven approach within the marketing team, be the PowerBi superuser, provide insights and promote a test-and-learn approach
- Ensure a robust reporting system is in place to track and measure all online activity and support the measurement of offline and make recommendations of changes required to deliver maximum effectiveness
- Plan, execute and report on multi-channel brand awareness, brand response and acquisition marketing campaigns
- Together with the pet owner marketing manager, be responsible for the successful rollout of our Vets Now members club, Devoted, including the acquisition strategy, engagement with our members, commercial partnerships and data management
- Use your talent to spot opportunities for new and innovative marketing activity to grow our brand awareness, customer acquisition as well as finding efficiencies to deliver our overall business growth plans
- Together with the other marketing managers, you are responsible for a budget of circa £500,000 to deliver the digital strategy, however, based on proven success metrics and ROI this budget is scalable
- Deputise for the HoD on occasion and be a vocal advocate for marketing within the company
- Monitor competitor activity and react quickly to minimise risk, amending activity as appropriate
- Drive new commercial opportunities (such as online vet consultations) to ensure we achieve ROI. Ensure that all marketing activity is maintains and builds on our brand purpose and values
Your skills and experience
We are, ideally, looking for a senior marketing manager who has a strong commercial background, who must be able to demonstrate they have:
- Successfully grown a brand’s presence, creating positive brand position and equity across multiple channels
- A proven track record in delivering successful customer acquisition, conversion & retention strategies
- A passion for data. Gaining insights and making data-driven decisions will come natural to you
- Can devise and implement robust A/B testing methodologies
- Excellent numeracy skills, data modelling and interpretation skills
- Experience in managing a broad range of digital paid, earned and owned channels including search, social and email marketing
- Confident in producing offline marketing materials such as direct mail, newsletters. Must be confident in managing workflow and specifying print
- A good understanding of the full marketing mix, and the ability to integrate online and offline channels
- Experience of delivering multi-channel campaigns to support bottom-of-the-funnel, brand awareness and engagement activity, and supporting event and exhibition attendance
- High attention to detail with exceptional spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Experience of agency management and a keen eye for design
- Have people management skills and be a natural leader & coach
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent project management skills, and are able to deliver significant projects on time and on budget.
- An agile approach to work to ensure you can react to this fast-moving market
- Ability to build collaborative, productive and positive relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads
What you can expect
This is a full-time position for 37.5 hours a week that sits within the award-nominated marketing team at Vets Now. The role would ideally suit someone educated to degree level or above and who has a minimum of 5+ years in a role which has significant digital exposure and management.
The successful candidate will gain enviable exposure to all commercial aspects of delivering the Vets Now strategy, working closely with the Head of Marketing.
As part of the IVC group you will also work with counterparts at other group companies. You will have the opportunity to work with some of Scotland’s best agencies and be empowered to bring in additional agency support as required. You will work alongside a highly talented team of in-house marketing experts.
The job holder will earn a competitive salary and receive 33 days annual holiday (inclusive of public holidays) plus your birthday off. As a senior manager you will also receive private health insurance. We also offer free use of a small company gym, a monthly cooked breakfast and a flexible approach to working hours.
Vets Now is a dog-friendly employer that welcomes dogs in the office – there is a dog policy.