Donaldson’s Vets Ltd are an independently owned veterinary group based across Huddersfield with seven practices including our own hospital. We care passionately about looking after animals and pride ourselves on providing ‘Total Care’ for pets. We combine truly cutting-edge training, facilities, equipment and premises with good old fashioned personal
Due to our continuous expansion Donaldson’s is currently recruiting for Systems & Facilities Manager. We need a like-minded and professional individual to support our dedicated and expanding team. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a growing organisation and has strong organisational and coordination skills. It is key to hold high standards and ensure that the organisation is fully compliant and upholds the highest safety standards for it’s staff, clients and their pets. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a key role in supporting the organisation as a whole.
If you have proven experience in a similar role, ideally within the veterinary industry. If you are proficient in IT with drive, enthusiasm and with an ambition to be a part of a forward-thinking company this is the job for you.
Additional benefits include Pension, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Staff Discount Scheme.
The salary available for this role will depend entirely on the individuals experience and skills.
Main duties will include
• Oversee the day-to-day management of the Merlin system (veterinary practice management software) to include:-
o Data Maintenance
o Produce the check codes report & coding updates
o NVS (supplier price updates) – liaise with suppliers, download & update data as required
o Entering new products & update accordingly
o Annual updates as required including Lab Fees
o Liaise with Merlin provider and maintain system & manage update requirements
o Be involved in the implementation of new software initiatives
o Produce analysis reports as required
• General problem solving to assist and support staff with the Merlin system
• Identify basic IT training needs & provide training or resources when needed
• Premises, Building & Equipment facilities – manage scheduled maintenance and ad-hoc issues as they occur
• Utilities – Liaise with external contractors and advisors as required
• Travel to visit all branches when necessary
• Work with HR to oversee, monitor, maintain and review the general Health & Safety processes and Risk Assessments within the branches
• Fleet Vehicle Management including liaising with payroll (BIK), servicing & maintenance, penalty notices & insurance renewal
• Lloyds PCI DSS Compliance – Ensure that the relevant systems are compliant and in line with GDPR regs
• Assist in the GDPR practice compliance requirements
• Take an active role in CPD (Continuing Professional Development) to include training days
• Proven experience in a similar role.
• Previous experience of working with Merlin software (or similar) is advantageous.
• An understanding of the H&S regulations that are relevant to a veterinary practice is preferrable.
• Knowledge & understanding of general facilities management and health & safety is key.
• Proficient at Excel spreadsheets & Word is essential.
• Experience of using Google docs would be an advantage.
• Attention to detail and good communication skills are essential to this role.
• Excellent organisational & problem-solving skills.
• Ability to adapt, make effective and timely decisions and react to change.
• Sound, interpersonal approach.
• Drive to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
• The company operates within a dynamic and fast paced environment; to thrive in this role you will need to be friendly, approachable, flexible, highly organised and have excellent communication skills.
• You will be someone that is committed to learning new skills.
• A ‘can do’ attitude with strong personal accountability and a team working ethic for timely completion of tasks.
Salary: £22,000 – £30,000 per annum,
Hours: 35 hours per week. Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm
Holidays: 31 days start (inc stat), increase to 34 with service
Job type: Full Time – Permanent
When applying you should provide a covering letter detailing your salary expectations and availability to commence work.
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 31st December 2021