Dick White Referrals is currently going through an exciting phase of expansion, and as part of our plans we are expanding our surgical theatres from five theatres to seven theatres by the end of 2021.
The Theatre Manager would therefore play an important role in managing this expansion as we move into our adjacent new premises to enable a smooth transition and continued service of the surgical team.
The successful candidate will be experienced in team and surgical theatre management. Experience in workflow and theatre scheduling is also required.
The key areas of responsibility are:
1. Organise the theatre schedule for the current five theatres and personnel involved working in the theatres including Soft Tissue, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology and Neurology, and occasionally Internal Medicine who may need to carry out procedures in theatre. It is important the Theatre Manager makes sure the correct cases are booked in, any imaging is booked, and staff availability meets the needs of the theatre.
2. Allocate RVNs, Theatre Technicians and Anaesthetists to procedures taking into account individuals experience and the needs of the individual case.
3. Be responsible (with aid from the Deputy Theatre Manager) for the daily and out of hours rota for the RVNs and Technicians and manage holiday requests.
4. Stock control and ordering of theatre items and liaise with our Hospital Manager on maintenance and repair of theatre equipment. This will involve placing orders, investigating and researching new equipment or replacement equipment.
5. Attending monthly meetings with the Senior Management Teams, including Infection Control, Hospital Manager, Director and Line Manager.
6. Attending daily and weekly meetings with the surgical theatre team.
7. Liaise with HR with any professional or personal difficulties within the team and be responsible for assisting in management of these difficulties.
8. Implementation of theatre standards, SOP’s and work-flow procedures within the team.
9. Be involved with design of new theatre space as we expand to minimise disruption to surgical services.
10. If possible, (i.e. has an RVN qualification) occasionally fill in with nursing duties to help the smooth running of the team as an when required.
• Strong experience in team management, to include leading, supervising and coaching.
• CPD/workshops/further qualification for management.
• Good organisational skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in a busy veterinary environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in an operating theatre setting.
• Experience writing and implementing SOP’s.
• Processes involved in recruitment.
• Registered Veterinary Nurse.
• Further RVN qualification (Advanced Diploma).
• Experience in a theatre environment.
• Experience in planning for new theatres.
• Experience in the processes carried out in CSSD.
• Infection prevention knowledge in the hospital (mainly theatre).
• Experience or training in having challenging conversations.
•Mental Health first aid trained.
As you would expect from one of the largest specialist veterinary referral centres in Europe, we offer an inspiring and friendly working environment together with career development opportunities and an attractive benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: email@example.com.