Are you a nurse trainer? Are you looking for the opportunity to make a difference and develop the next generation of qualified nurses in a friendly family run supportive practice with a fantastic longstanding reputation for training and developing all colleagues?
This is a unique opportunity for an accomplished and enthusiastic veterinary nursing educator with significant experience of delivering training in a college or university environment and with good experience of working in a clinical practice setting. We are looking for a Training Manager who will be responsible for running the Goddard Veterinary Nursing College, managing our Training Department team, overseeing in-house training and advising on clinical and nursing matters for the practice.
This role is primarily based at The Wanstead Veterinary Hospital in East London and may involve some occasional travel throughout London to visit our practices and will also allow for some remote working.
We are proud of our ability to deliver high quality training to our nursing teams and the provision of support to continuously improving clinical standards is important to our success. This role is unique and involves working with the Goddard Veterinary Nursing College team and overseeing the successful delivery of the Veterinary Nursing Assistant, Diploma in Veterinary Nursing and Functional Skills qualifications. The successful applicant will also work with the Training Coordinator Team to provide bespoke in-house training, quality assurance visits to our practices and will play a role in ensuring robust protocols and policies are in place for both veterinary nursing and clinical situations.
Our ideal candidate must have;
- RVN status with significant experience working in education, teaching and training veterinary nurses (level 2 and 3) and a background of working in clinical practice.
- Flexibility to travel within the M25
- Enthusiasm for promoting high standards of clinical and client care and continuous quality improvement
- Qualified teacher status
- Experience in delivering excellent client care training
- Experience of managing and motivating a successful team
- High level of literacy and technical writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Diligent research skills
It would be advantageous to have;
- Experience of working to the Education Inspection Framework
- Experience of managing apprenticeships
- Experience of managing ESFA funding processes
- Experience of running in-house training
- IQA qualified
- Safeguarding Lead qualification and/or training
- Degree qualified
Excellent salary for the right candidate. In addition, we offer fully funded CPD- with 2 full or 3 -part days CPD allowance.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Paid BVNA membership, RCVS and VDS fees.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- 5 weeks holiday.
In 2022 we will celebrate our 70th Birthday and we remain, the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK with 44 clinics, 3 hospitals and our own nurse training college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘Friendly, supportive, flexible, Goddards have always been there for me to celebrate the good times (qualifying as a Veterinary Nurse which they put me through my training for) and supportive /listening to me through difficult times (whether personal or work related). Extensive, up-to-date equipment to provide gold standard care for all animals and a very well put together team of Vets, Nurses and VCAs to care for the animals. Everyone works as a team; everyone has a voice and can help make changes /improvements if required. I have never felt so at home whilst at work. I have not closed the door to Goddards, for now, I need to change jobs for my own reasons, I hope to be back at Goddards one day. Fair pay, flexible hours (always consider individual needs) and everyone treated as an equal. Good holiday, great benefits scheme, provide good training and good CPD allowance.’ Former employee Dec 2020- *credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established, but forward-looking, independent family-run business and would like to know more please call Helen Farrant for an informal chat on 07883035875 or APPLY NOW.