The Veterinary Services Director will develop an innovative and sustainable strategy to expand access to affordable Blue Cross veterinary services in areas of need nationwide, ensuring pet owners in financial hardship can access the veterinary care their pets need when they need it.
As a practicing clinician the successful candidate will act as a Senior Veterinary Surgeon for Blue Cross, providing overall responsibility for professional veterinary direction and delivery within the charity.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer you will be a member of the Executive team and the Service Delivery, Impact and Public Affairs team, as such the successful candidate will support the broader Blue Cross strategy to provide integrated and optimised services nationally, ensuring veterinary services work seamlessly with other Blue Cross services, such as Behaviour, Rehoming, Advice & Education and is embedded within local communities to add value for clients.
This role can be homebased or hybrid if you would prefer. There will be regular travel to our different sites across the country, therefore, a full driving license is essential.
What is required?
• A member of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons,
• Proven experience as a Veterinary Director or relevant senior veterinary role managing large national teams
• Experience of working with committees and boards
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and delivering organisational change
• Significant experience of leading large operational teams
• Demonstrable experience of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
It would be great if you had:
• Knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector and working with elected boards
• Understanding of key animal welfare issues, policy and legislation
• Strong IT skills with an awareness able to advocate the use of the latest technology to aid effectiveness and collaboration.
• Experience of working with volunteers with an understanding of their needs
• Experience working with the media and public speaking
Want to know more?
We have attached the job description which will provide you with more detailed information. To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Salary: £75,000 – £90,000 per annum
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
Closing Date: 14th January 2022
Our recruitment process, which is subject to COVID 19 restrictions, will consist of:
Week commencing 17th January 2022, shortlisted candidates are invited to have a tour of our animal hospital in Victoria, London.
First stage interviews will take place on 24th and 25th January 2022 at our Victoria animal hospital. Successful candidates will then be invited back to a second stage on 9th February 2022 which will be held at our Burford office.